Thursday, November 9, 2017

October Newsletter

Our October newsletter is going to out to Ventura County units and selected friends of the camp this week. If you'd like to receive a copy in your very own e-mail inbox, send your e-mail address to and we'll add you to the subscription list.

Reserve Your Spot Now For 2018

2018 is our 85th Anniversary year, and we're expecting a big turnout. As of late October, Boy Scout Camp reservations are running way ahead of last year, and Week 1 is nearly full; the other Boy Scout weeks, and all Webelos sessions, still have space.

We're also hosting a special encampment for LDS units, July 29-August 4, and we expect that will also be a sold-out week.

Don't miss out -- get your reservations in soon!

UPDATE - November 9: There's room for one more medium-size troop in Week 1. Week 2 is about half full. Based on signups so far, we expect to have a full camp next summer, so get your reservations in soon!

Monday, October 16, 2017

Join the Three Falls Staff for 2018

Summer Camp Staff applications are now being accepted! You must be at least 14 years old as of June 17, 2018 to work at camp. Applicants who are 14 years old at the start of camp are hired as counselors in training (CITs). CITs receive extra training and will rotate between several program areas during the summer. Applicants who will be 15 or older during the camp season are eligible to be CIT's, assistant instructors, instructors, or area directors depending on age and qualifications. Some positions require specific training or certifications. Be a part of 'The Three Falls Thunder' - the finest summer camp staff in Southern California - a staff that consistently gets rave reviews from Scouts and leaders year after year! Applications are due by December 15, 2017. Go to the VCCBSA Summer Camp page for the application:

Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer Camp FAQs

As the start of camp approaches, here are a few random questions we've gotten from campers in the last couple of weeks:

Q: Is there access to water for all campers in the dining hall at any given time? I understand there is running water at the campsite for brushing teeth, washing hands, etc. but do scouts fill their bottles with this as well? 

A: The water in the campsites is potable and comes from the same tank as the kitchen supply. The drinking fountains and spigots located in the campsites and throughout camp are all on the same system. Staff drinks it exclusively throughout the summer and there have been no complaints. Each camper should have a water bottle that can be refilled from the many sources throughout camp.

Q: Should we bring a cooler with bottled water to keep in campsite?

A: You can bring a cooler with bottled water if you wish, but we cannot supply ice for your cooler.  Chilled bottled water is available in the trading post.

Q. What are the restroom facilities? Are there flushable toilets? Are there separate bathrooms for adults?

A: Each campsite has a port-a-potty (chemical toilet) to be used by both boys and adults. There are post-a-potties located throughout the program areas as well. Flush toilets are available in the shower area which is located at the pool, some distance from the campsites.

Q. Is it advised to bring coffee mugs or are there coffee cups in the dining hall for morning coffee?

A: Each camper will receive a mug with the Camp Three Falls summer camp logo on it and the mug is used throughout your stay in camp.  The mugs are cleaned by the Scouts after each meal at wash stations near the dining hall and stored at the dining hall.  They are available for coffee in the a.m.  They go home with the camper after the last meal.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

New Firearms Permission Slip Requirement

IMPORTANT: BSA has advised us that, in order to comply with a new state law, we must have a specific firearms permission slip for all youth participating in .22 rifle shooting, shotgun shooting, or black powder rifle shooting, including Rifle and Shotgun merit badges, at Boy Scout Summer Camp. Without a permission slip, scouts will not be allowed to participate in these activities. You can get the permission slip here… It will also be sent by e-mail to the unit leaders on our contact list for summer camp.

If you are taking advantage of Express Check-In, we recommend including these permission slips with your other paperwork. Otherwise, you will need to bring them with you when you come to camp.
We're sorry for the late notice, but we were just notified of this requirement this week.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Special Needs Form

If anyone in your group has special requirements for diet, mobility or other issues, please let us know using the special needs form available here. The form is due by June 10 for all camp sessions. Information on where to send it is on the form.