- The dock at Lake Wood has been rebuilt with new Trex decking thanks to the efforts of Glenn Clough, John Clough, Rich Pisor, Tom Sisolak, and Gary Lee.
- An improvement you won't see -- or smell -- and you'll be glad you didn't: Glenn Clough and Gary Lee have installed a new septic leach field for the staff/adult showers.
- After that, Glenn and Gary, along with Roy Hales and other volunteers, are finishing up re-wiring the staff cabins, benefitting not only the summer camp staff (which we surely do appreciate!) but also everyone else who rents the cabins throughout the year.
- At their Spring Ordeals, the Order of the Arrow scraped paint and made light repairs at the pool house, in preparation for a much-needed repainting.
- OA work crews also did campsite setup, dug up the grease trap and the septic diverter box for repairs, sanded and sealed the cabin porches and the bridge, and hauled brush and firewood.
- The Scoutcraft/Trail to First Class staff, with assistance from other staff members, has begun moving the Scoutcraft and Trail to First Class areas from the large corral near the center of camp, to a new home on the back side of the lake, near the other program areas. We're going to be building some impressive pioneering structures during staff week -- pictures to come.
- The High Adventure staff laid out a new orienteering course, worked on improvements to the Cat Eye Trail (which will probably get a new name), and located sites for geocaches. They're also working on new, improved camp maps.
- The Aquatics staff did a thorough cleaning of the boathouse and began assessing needed repairs for several of our watercraft.
- The Frontier Skills staff has begun work on improvements and expansion of our Frontier Skills area.
Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Camp staff, friends of Three Falls, and the Order of the Arrow are working on several camp improvement projects for this summer.
Posted by Larry Tuck at 7:36 PM