- If you haven’t done so already, make copies of the Merit Badge Planning Worksheet found on pages 52 and 53 of your Boy Scout Leaders’ Guide (note that this is a two-page listing). Have your Scouts use this form to select which merit badges they would like to work on this year.
- In the next week to ten days, units that have signed up for camp will be added to the BadgeTracker system.
- The primary contact person we have listed for each troop will receive an e-mail with a user name and password to log on to BadgeTracker.
- At this time, you will be able to log onto the system, but you will not be able to sign Scouts up for merit badges until the system goes live on June 2.
- We will assign “credits” to you troop. One credit equals one scout. We’ll assign just the number of credits you need, based on the number of Scouts you’ve paid for. Note that we pay BadgeTracker for each credit, so we don’t want to assign excess credits that you don’t need. If you add Scouts and need more credits, let us know.
- On June 2 (the day of our leader meeting), the system will be open for you to add scouts and sign them up for activities. Click the Camper tab; enter each scout’s name, rank, and age; and then use a simple menu system to select classes and times. Note that many classes have class size limits. If a class is full, you may want to check back later to see if someone has dropped. At this time the system does not allow for a waiting list.
- You can print a troop master schedule and individual boys’ schedules by clicking on the Reports tab.
- You can return to the system as often as you want to add more scouts or change their schedules.
- The system will be CLOSED after July 1 so that we can print our class rosters, finalize staff assignments, and order supplies. Changes and additions after July 1 will have to be made at camp, on a space-available basis.
Sunday, April 22, 2012
This year we are using an online merit badge signup system called BadgeTracker by Goerlich Solutions Group. Here’s how it works:
Posted by Larry Tuck at 5:54 PM