Designed especially for older scouts looking for a higher level of excitement and challenge, the Adventure Trek takes advantage of the best that Camp Three Falls and the Los Padres National Forest have to offer. Rather than participate in the traditional merit badge program, “trekkers” will:
· Receive mountain bike training and face a challenging ride down Mount Pinos
· Receive climbing instruction and climb the 57-foot tower with fellow trekkers
· Develop primitive living skills, including black powder rifle shooting, survival skills and more
· Receive leadership skills training while addressing daily leadership challenges.
· Leave camp for two days of backpacking, including camping at remote trail camps in the Chumash Wilderness, while using Philmont-style backpacking techniques.
· Practice the principles of Leave No Trace
· Earn Camping and Geocaching Merit Badges