Saturday, May 4, 2013
Webelos Scouts attending resident camp at Three Falls can easily earn the Cub Day Hiker patch offered by the council High Adventure Team. This award is designed to promote the outdoor program in the Cub Scouting and give recognition to the participants.
1. File a Local Tour Permit one week prior to the hike (covered by your camp tour permit).
2. The hike should take a minimum of two (2) hours to complete.
3. Each Cub Scout should be in uniform (camp activity uniform is okay -- i.e. camp or pack t-shirt) and carry his personal equipment such as lunch, drinking water, and extra clothing (jacket, etc.).
4. Each Cub Scout should bring a pencil and paper to take notes, and each Den is to submit a short hike report to the Pack.
5. At least one adult in the group should carry a first-aid kit and be familiar with basic first-aid (you will be accompanied by a qualified staff member).
6. Carry out your trash and trash left behind by others.
7. On completion of the hike, fill out a hike award application and submit this with the Den Hike Report to your local High Adventure representative for approval (we'll help with this and sign the report for you).
You can take the award application to your local scout shop to purchase the patches. The Ventura County Council shop has them in stock -- other shops may need to order them for you.
Posted by Larry Tuck at 6:03 PM