- Renewed emphasis on our frontier theme, including a revival of our Rendezvous program and other theme-related activities.
- Greater emphasis on troop and patrol activities for fun, teambuilding, and leadership development.
- Adjustments to the program schedule (Boy Scouts) to allow more time for troop-selected activities.
- New merit badges (Boy Scouts), belt loops (Cub Scouts), and other awards.
- Streamlined system to let you sign up early for merit badges and other activities.
Thursday, January 27, 2011
I had promised that the 2011 Leader Guide would be available in January, but we're not going to make it. The revisions it needed were too extensive, and most of us have a real jobs in the off season (and families, houses, dogs, etc.) that sometimes get in the way of camp stuff. So we're looking at February. Meanwhile, here are a few things you can expect to see:
Posted by Larry Tuck at 8:22 PM
Tuesday, January 18, 2011
Learn what you need to know to prepare your den, their parents, and yourself for a successful camp experience by attending our Webelos Summer Camp session at Ventura County Council's Cub Scout Leader Pow-Wow, Saturday, January 29, 2011, at Camarillo High School.
UNFORTUNATELY, POW WOW HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL FALL. If you want to receive copies of our handouts and other information, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This informative class will cover:
- Available activities
- Advancement and awards
- Camp schedules
- Eating and sleeping arrangements
- What you and your scouts need to bring
- and much more
For registration information, see the council Web site at www.vccbsa.org or call the council office at (805) 482-8938.
NOTE: This session does not replace the camp leaders' meeting that will be held in June. The Pow Wow session is intended to provide early information on camp planning and preparation for leaders who are considering taking their dens to camp.
Posted by Larry Tuck at 10:23 PM