Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer Camp FAQs

As the start of camp approaches, here are a few random questions we've gotten from campers in the last couple of weeks:

Q: Is there access to water for all campers in the dining hall at any given time? I understand there is running water at the campsite for brushing teeth, washing hands, etc. but do scouts fill their bottles with this as well? 

A: The water in the campsites is potable and comes from the same tank as the kitchen supply. The drinking fountains and spigots located in the campsites and throughout camp are all on the same system. Staff drinks it exclusively throughout the summer and there have been no complaints. Each camper should have a water bottle that can be refilled from the many sources throughout camp.

Q: Should we bring a cooler with bottled water to keep in campsite?

A: You can bring a cooler with bottled water if you wish, but we cannot supply ice for your cooler.  Chilled bottled water is available in the trading post.

Q. What are the restroom facilities? Are there flushable toilets? Are there separate bathrooms for adults?

A: Each campsite has a port-a-potty (chemical toilet) to be used by both boys and adults. There are post-a-potties located throughout the program areas as well. Flush toilets are available in the shower area which is located at the pool, some distance from the campsites.

Q. Is it advised to bring coffee mugs or are there coffee cups in the dining hall for morning coffee?

A: Each camper will receive a mug with the Camp Three Falls summer camp logo on it and the mug is used throughout your stay in camp.  The mugs are cleaned by the Scouts after each meal at wash stations near the dining hall and stored at the dining hall.  They are available for coffee in the a.m.  They go home with the camper after the last meal.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

New Firearms Permission Slip Requirement

IMPORTANT: BSA has advised us that, in order to comply with a new state law, we must have a specific firearms permission slip for all youth participating in .22 rifle shooting, shotgun shooting, or black powder rifle shooting, including Rifle and Shotgun merit badges, at Boy Scout Summer Camp. Without a permission slip, scouts will not be allowed to participate in these activities. You can get the permission slip here… It will also be sent by e-mail to the unit leaders on our contact list for summer camp.

If you are taking advantage of Express Check-In, we recommend including these permission slips with your other paperwork. Otherwise, you will need to bring them with you when you come to camp.
We're sorry for the late notice, but we were just notified of this requirement this week.